Workout of the Day 24 May 2017

Workout of the Day 23 May 2017


CFP Washington – *CrossFit Main Class

Strength

Strict C2B Pull Ups (5×3)

Metcon

AMNAP (AMRAP – Rounds and Reps)

AMRAP 15:

10 Push Press (95/65) (75/55)

20 Abmat Sit Ups (15 Reps)

30 Double Unders (60 Singles)

Mobility

Triple Bully

OH Banded Distraction

Calf Stretch Against Rig

Workout of the Day 22 May 2017


CFP Washington – *CrossFit Main Class

As a Crossfit Athlete there is a time for practice, training, and competition. 80% of your time should be spent practicing or training while the other 20% should be spent competing (with yourself or others). If we are always competing then we truly never have time to practice or learn. Ben Bergeron made Katrin Davidsdottir not do ring muscle ups in metcons for 6 months after last years Crossfit games. They were a weak point of hers and therefore she needed to practice them in order to get better. The best female Crossfit athlete in the world worked on her KIP SWING for 3 months before even doing a muscle up again. Then waited another 3 months before she did them in a metcon again.

“A tough athlete is tough enough to deload (practice and train) without bruising their ego” – ActiveLife Rx

Strength

Back Squat (3×5)

@75% with a 3 second negative

Metcon

Yuck (Time)

5 Rounds:

10 T2B (Knee Tucks)

10 Burpees (7 reps)

10 Calorie Row (7 Cals)

Mobility

Pigeon

Up Dog

Lateral Opener

Workout of the Day 20 May 2017


CFP Washington – *CrossFit Main Class

Metcon

Pop, Lock, and Drop it (Time)

For Time:

800m Wallball Run (20/14) (14/10)

50 Medball Cleans

25 Push Jerks (135/95) 115/80)

50 Medball Cleans

Mobility

Couch

Pigeon

1 Min Hang

Reverse Shoulder Opener on Rings

Workout of the Day 19 May 2017


CFP Washington – *CrossFit Main Class

Metcon

Beach Day (Time)

4 Rounds:

20 DB Power Snatch (50/35) (35/20)

10 Ring Dips (Banded or Box Dips)

200m Run

Bulletproof Cashout

3 Rounds for Quality:

30 Sec. L or H Hang

10 Ext. Rotator Cuff Rotations (ea. side)

*use same weight as last weeks

Mobility

Lax Ball Chest Smash

Lateral Opener

Lax Ball Hamstring Smash

Seated Straddle

Workout of the Day 18 May 2017


CFP Washington – *CrossFit Main Class

Goat Work

EMOMx8

Even: Goat

Odd: 20 Sec Handstand Hold (Pike Hold on Box)

*If goat is a handstand movement, 30 sec core hold

Metcon

Hops & Pops (Time)

3 Rounds:

18 Russian KB Swings (32/24) (24/16)

30 Wallballs (20/14) (14/10)

42 Double Unders (84 Singles)

Mobility

Calf Stretch Against Wall

Spiderman Hold on Box or Bench

Triple Bully

Endurance Metcon

Circe (Time)

10-9-8-7-6-5…..

Burpees

Air Squats

Sit-ups

Push Press (95/65) (75/55)

*After each round 400 m run

Workout of the Day 17 May 2017

CFP Washington – *CrossFit Main Class

Metcon

EMOM x 14 (Weight)

Even: Power Snatch + OHS + 2 Snatch Balance @ 65%

Odd: 30 Sec. Plank Hold

Strength

Back Squat (3×8 (Building))

Last 2 or 3 reps of last set should be spicy!

Mobility

1 min Hang from Rig

1 min bottom of squat (PVC Pipe Overhead)

Pigeon

Couch

Workout of the Day 16 May 2017


CFP Washington – *CrossFit Main Class

Strength

Strict Pull Ups (4×5)

Metcon

Poppin’ Elbows (Time)

AMRAP 3:

8 Power Cleans (95/65) (75/55)

8 Burpees

Rest 3:00

AMRAP 3:

6 Power Cleans (115/80) (95/65)

6 OTB Burpees

Rest 3:00

AMRAP 3:

4 Power Cleans (135/95) (115/80)

4 Bar Facing Burpees

Mobility

Seated Straddle

Lateral Opener

Banded Frog Stretch

Workout of the Day 15 May 2017


CFP Washington – *CrossFit Main Class

Part of this programming over the next 2 or 3 months is to make members of CFP difficult to coach. Now what I mean by difficult to coach is that your movement is so smooth that it makes it difficult to find error in it. You all have done an amazing job these past 2 weeks, so keep continuing to challenge yourself physically and mentally. Remember the goal is always to become more healthy and the smoother we move the healthier we are! So let’s always be coachable but more difficult to “coach” and get healthier together.

Strength

Front Squat (3×3)

@75% with a 3 second negative

Metcon

Barbell Buoys (Time)

3 Rounds:

15 Thrusters (95/65) (75/55)

25/20 Calorie Row

Mobility

Pigeon

Couch

Super Front Rack

Tripe Bully